To enroll, call a Member Services Representative at 1-800-552-2118.
If your mobile number is on your account, you already have access! You are ready to report outages via texting!
How to Report Outages via Text
Text outages to 866-878-5514 using specific text strings (below)
Note: This number is not monitored for comments or questions. This service is for automated reporting of outages only.
Please call 1-800-552-2118 to report any emergency situations or information regarding outages.
The following are text strings that you can send to the Outage Reporting Number.
- This reports an outage to the Outage Management System.
- You will be asked which address has the outage.
- You will choose the address has the outage.
- You will be sent a text that confirms you have reported your outage.
- This will signal to the Outage Management System that you want a status update for your outage.
- You will receive a status update regarding your outage.
- You will receive a text that states Southside Electric Cooperative provides automated outage notifications and more information is available at 1-800-552-2118.
- This will opt out your mobile number from TextPower.
- This will opt your mobile number back into TextPower.
If you send any other message, you will receive a text to send #out to report an outage and #status to get a status update for your outage.
Here is an example of how to report an outage and get a status update:
You will get an automated response when your outage has been restored. Below, please find the help response and a response from a phrase that is not recognized: